Solar panels have been transformed to be an efficient and profitable renewable energy choice for people along with being highly useful to the environment. The process of changing sunlight to electrical energy has enhanced in recent years and is more efficient than ever. While solar energy has been used for many years, its recent transformation has helped in a large way to power businesses and residences with the use of panels.
Purpose of Solar panels:
- Sun is the main source of solar energy which is one of the highly effective sources due to abundance. Sun rays can produce a great percentage of energy for every square meter of earth’s surface that would save fossil fuels. Solar PV system employs sun rays to develop electricity that can be used to charge your home or office to decrease the carbon footprint and effect on the environment. Solar panels are the devices that convert this energy from the sun, that consist of energy particles called “photons”. They are used in a wide range of applications such as powering remote systems for a variety of purposes, remote sensing, telecommunications devices, and mainly for providing electricity by residential and commercial solar electric systems.
- Solar energy is generated mainly with the aid of energy that is produced from the sun. A solar power panel can operate employing the solar energy that is available from the sun. Each solar panel has multiple solar cells or silicon cells which are the key building blocks. These cells absorb the energy from the sun and convert them into electricity for powering both houses and a variety of businesses. So, to make effective decisions, it is key to know the working of solar panels and how can they be useful to power you’re home.
How do Solar panels work?
- Solar panels work by accumulating renewable energy from the sun and convert them into electricity which can later be employed to give the power to generate electricity. Solar panels consist of many individual solar cells that consist of many layers of silicon, phosphorous, and boron. While phosphorous offers a negative charge, boron gives a positive charge. Solar panels give rise to electric current by absorbing the photons. The resulting energy that is generated via photos hitting the solar panel lets the electrons be pulled out from their atomic orbits. These electrons are released to the electric field developed by the solar cells which then pull these free electrons into a steering current termed the Photovoltaic effect. An average house includes an abundant roof surface for enough solar panels to generate solar electricity. This includes the supply of all the power, excess of which is sent to the power grid to be used to power the structures during the night.
- If the grid-connection configuration is balanced properly, a solar array develops sufficient power during the day that can be employed to be used during the night to power both houses or businesses. Solar generator owners can generate profit if their system generates more power than their daily requirement.
- Off-grid solar systems make use of a battery, charge control, and also an inverter as key components. This solar array pushes Direct Current electricity via the charge controller to the battery. The power is later pulled from the battery to the inverter that transforms the Direct Current into Alternating Current that can be employed for non-DC appliances. Solar panel arrays can be altered to meet the appropriate electrical needs when aided by an inverter. The AC can be employed to power the requirements in houses, electric vehicles, commercial structures, cottages, far-away cabins, traffic controls, various types of telecommunication devices, RTU, administrating the flow of oil and gas, SCADA, and many more needs.
The precise benefits of Solar Panels:
- Making use of solar panels is an ideal way to generate electricity for several types of requirements. A breakthrough of using solar panels is the aid of off-grid systems. It allows being free from living in a set-up that is not connected to the main electric utility grid. Several remote homes have the advantage of employing solar power panels to power their requirements. It doesn’t require investing huge money on installing electric poles and supply cables from the nearest key electric grid point. A solar system is generally less costly and can be used for a long time if maintained accurately according to the requirements.
- Along with the ability to offer an off-grid living advantage to many remote houses, another huge benefit gained from using solar panels is its ability to give a constant and renewable source of energy. With the variations in global temperature, it is the need of the hour to put all the efforts into safeguarding the atmosphere from the harmful greenhouse effect. Solar panels will need minimal maintenance if they are taken care of appropriately. Reliable solar panels are built strongly and last for longer when maintained according to the minimal guidelines.
- Another key benefit of solar panels and the overall solar power system is that once an investment is done for initial installation, this will produce electricity for the complete lifespan of the system unit. The total lifespan will range for around 20 years depending on the initial quality of the system and minimal maintenance. With the off-grid systems, you will be free from the monthly electricity bills even with a constant supply of power to your requirements. It will also aid you with additional income from the electric company if you can transfer the extra power generated from your system. If you are using less power than the production from the solar electric system, the extra power can be sold to the electric utility company.
Spring Solar is a family-owned and operated solar business firm aiding Salt Lake City area residents and homeowners. We possess a team that will clearly describe every feature of solar power and helps you to adopt the best long-term resolution for your power needs.